- All individuals 18 years or older and emancipated minors with proof of emancipation must complete a Rental Application, provide a government-issued photo ID and sign the Lease Agreement.
- Incomplete applications, omissions or misrepresentations on the Rental Application will cause delays in processing and may be grounds for denial of the application or processing another application that is complete.
- All sources of income used in qualifying must be current, verifiable and sustainable for the term of the lease.
- Individuals that are employed and receive hourly or salary wages should submit the 2 most recent pay stubs. Additional documentation such as bank statements may be required for verification. New employment must submit an offer letter on company letterhead stating start date and compensation.
- Self-employed applicants must provide 3 months most recent company bank statements, the most recent year’s tax return and a year-to-date Profit and Loss statement
- Retired applicants or applicants with government benefits must provide 3 months recent bank statements showing monthly direct deposit of payments OR the documentation indicating the monthly income (government letter of social security, disability or other income) OR proof of receipt of investment income.
- Applicants using income from assets must provide the most recent account statement(s) showing a balance of at least 3 times the monthly rent multiplied by the number of months in the lease term
- Applicants with other sources of income (such as Housing Voucher, spousal/child support or other legal income) must provide documentation demonstrating receipt of the amount of monthly income stated.
- Unverifiable income will not be considered.
- A minimum of 12 months rental history is required if Applicant is not moving from a home they have owned.
- Applicants who lack rental history may qualify without rental history only if all other criteria are met. NOTE: a qualified guarantor may be required for any applicant who lacks rental history.
- Any rental reference indicating applicant is currently delinquent in their rental payments or left a prior residence owing monies will result in immediate denial of the application.
- Relatives are not acceptable rental references.
POSSIBLE CURES FOR LESS THAN STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS (on an individual basis at property owner discretion)
- Co-signer or Guarantor – a guarantor may cure qualification issues regarding negative credit, insufficient income or lack of rental history. The guarantor must be living in the State of Kansas, must submit an application, must have a minimum income of 4 times the monthly rent and an excellent credit history (no late payments, liens, judgments or bankruptcy in the last 5 years).
APPLICATION SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants understand that more than one application may be received on a property. Our practice is to process the first completed application, including all required documents, with the earliest/best move-in date. The property will remain on the market during the application process. If an application is incomplete the next application will be reviewed and, if complete, will be processed.
It is the policy of PURE Property Management of Kansas to provide a standardized guideline for accepting residents. Applicants shall be reviewed without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, marital status, age, ancestry, source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, citizenship, immigration status, primary language, any arbitrary reason or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Each applicant’s screening report will be reviewed for three types of adverse information:
TERMINALS, NEGATIVES and REQUIREMENTS. All adverse information applies to the application as a whole, ALL applicants must meet our criteria. If any TERMINAL item is found, the application will be denied. If NEGATIVE items are found, the application may be denied, or the owner may accept with the addition of a co-signer/guarantor. All REQUIREMENTS must be met.
TERMINALS: The following items will be considered terminal:
- Any income level which is less than 2.5 times the rent of the unit applied for
- Any OPEN bankruptcy (a bankruptcy which has not been discharged)
- A credit score below 600 with 4 or more delinquent payments in the last 12 months
- A total of 4 or more delinquent payments in the last 12 months
- Any collection, charge off, or judgment, in the last 6 months
- Any record of balances owed to a property management company and/or landlord
- Any filing of an eviction action (unlawful detainer)
- Any applicant who does not cooperate in all aspects of the application process, provide requested documentation to facilitate the process, or who misrepresents any information on the application.
- Any applicant who exhibits behavior that is abusive, harassing, or combative towards management company’s employees or whose behavior gives management company cause to believe that applicant cannot or will not comply with the rental agreement and/or follow the rules.
NEGATIVES: The following items will be considered negative items and may require a co-signer/guarantor:
- Any income level which is less than 3 times the rent of the unit applied for
- A credit score below 630 with a total of 5 or more delinquent payments in the last 2 years
- A total of 5 or more delinquent payments in the last 2 years
- Any collection, charge off, judgment or bankruptcy in the last 3 years
- Lack of credit and/or rental history
- Completed and Signed Rental Applications from all occupants over 18 years old
- Non-refundable application fees for all Rental Applications ($55/applicant over 18)
- Proof of legal, verifiable income such as a copy of current paycheck stub, most recent years’ tax return, current bank statements, proof of receipt of government benefits (such as Social Security, disability, housing voucher, etc.), retirement income, investment income, spousal/child support or proof of any other legal verifiable income.
- A minimum of 12 months of verifiable rental history
- All applicant must complete one of the following at www.petscreening.com: 1) no pet profile, 2) pet profile for each pet (maximum 2 pets, subject to owner approval) , or 3) ESA/service animal profile with required letter from qualified person to attest to the need for the animal.
If this application to rent is approved, Applicant acknowledges and accepts that they will be required to pay a security deposit of one month’s rent and show evidence of a current Renters Insurance policy prior to moving in with a minimum of $100,000 liability coverage.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact our office at 785-806-3305.
“I’ve had the most helpful experience with PURE finding me and my family our home. They were was so helpful and understanding to all my wants and needs. Alway so quick responding to my concerns and questions. “